This article outlines how to install printers via Self-Service for various FSA locations managed by IT on MacOS.
Installing Printers via Self-Service
On Apple computers maintained by FSA IT all printers are available for install via the Self-Service application.
1. Open Self-Service App in the Dock or Choose Self-Service App from the APPLICATIONS folder.
2. Inside Self-Service on the right side under Categories select PRINTERS
3. On the printer page find the printer you want to install. Most printers are identified by "Location Department" Kyocera. In this example it is Box Springs IT Kyocera. Click ADD
4. The window will popup asking you to confirm you want to add the printer. Click ADD
The status bar will display the progress of the installation until it is complete.
If you need assistance setting up job accounting please see this article on Setup and Usage of Printer Job Codes on MacOS.
5. Confirm the printer is installed by going to the Apple menu on the top most left of the menu bar and selecting System Preferences
6. Select PRINTERS AND SCANNERS
7. Verify the printer you just installed via Self-Service shows up under the Printers list
Deleting and Reinstalling Printers via Self-Service
If for some reason you need to delete a printer and reinstall the steps outlined below will help you accomplish that.
1. Open the Printer and Scanner screen as identified above.
2. Select the printer you no longer need and press the MINUS (-) button
3. The printer is now deleted. You can then install a new printer as outlined above.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding setting up your access to shared drives, please contact the FSA Support Center.